#TheSilverSearcher (#ag) is a fast file #search program.
ag is a quick, multi-threaded search program which is great at searching for strings in source trees. ag supports full regex, and can be made to ignore certain files using a .gitignore or any other .\*ignore file. ag also can search through compressed and binary files.
Website 🔗️: https://geoff.greer.fm/ag/
apt 📦️: silversearcher-ag
#free #opensource #foss #fossmendations #grep
10 #Best #OpenSource #FPS #Games
Top ten FPS that are FOSS
- #Tremulous has 1.1 stable, 1.2 dev and 1.3 third party dev versions. It's a mess. Getting bots to run is a mess. Yet I love this game. I am only capable of playing 50% (can't handle moving aliens at all) yet I had the most fun building bases in Tremulous.
- #Unvanquished[/url] is Tremulous 2.0 and a little more complex and hardware requirements. If you can find a better-looking FOSS game I'm all ears and eyes. Uvq has bots built-in.
- #OpenArena is Quake 3 Arena with strictly freely licensed assets, some of which likely satisfy niche fetishes. Who doesn't know OpenArena?
- #Rexuiz is really interesting because it takes care to not split the community. Assuming Nexuiz classic has a community? It also publishes on itch.io and any open source FPS is at least 10 times better than any Unity3D-made FPS on itch, so that's a really smart move - if your team has the time to make nice thumbnails/screenshots.
- #Xonotic. I really gotta compliment on the music in Xonotic. And the visuals.
- #RedEclipse is still in development and has movement that is quite different from all the Quake descendents thanks to its doublejump and innovative weapons. I can't get over the blurry look though (I guess it's mostly the particle effects, maybe I could tweak them to be... sharper?). Additional microrant: some of RE music I like, some not much.
- I like #Trepedation's original game mode (Trepedation) but I have yet to try it against human players but at least the characters and levels seem to be hand-made for the project.
- #Sauerbraten is today minus 2013 years old and still popular, by comparison. And I gotta say: instaCTF is fun! To heck with the "flag dropped" sound though. Sauerbraten is partially non-free-as-in-freedom asset-wise.
- #FreeDoom is an entire single-player campaign. So is Blasphemer. Amazing amount of content! Once configured with mouselook and advanced sprite upscaling, it's nearly as good as an actual 3D FPS.
- #SmokinGuns actually has a bunch of license uncertainties. But it looks like there's an effort to modernize it and liberate it.