Our house now runs mostly on #GNU
- My main laptop runs #Mint.
- To my mom I've given my old laptop and installed #Mint as well. She used to complain about #Windows, now she's #happy.
- My dad bought an unused #laptop at his work, I've installed #Mint. He's happy too.
- Until now both parents were using #Raspberry #pi with #Raspbian, that I bought them (am poor). It served them well to browse the Internet, but now I'm taking it for myself to set up a small home server and #bots on it :) Instead I'm going to give them
- an old desktop PC my brother bought from his friend at the pub for a few beers. At this moment I am installing #Mint on it. Yeah, I'm installing #Mint everywhere as that's what I have on my USB drive.
- My other uber #USB flash drive runs a persistent #Puppy Linux. I use it to test new computers I come across, get info about their HW, restore files people lose access to due to Windows etc.
- A few old laptops under my bed probably still have #Ubuntu #mate or even #Fedora on them, but I'm not using them. I might put them to use soon though. Any ideas?
It's time to break the boundaries of our house now (not literally you know). I bought a pack of sidewalk chalks and am planning to #draw
a few Gnus and Tuxes at various nearby places to get people interested (is it #legal
? Children do it all the time, right?). Hopefully people will get curious, I'll be then standing nearby, ready with my Mint and Puppy flash drive so that I can immediately install it for them.
How is your
life with GNU/Linux? :)